If you’re tired of constantly needing to climb a ladder to clean out your gutters, it’s time for you to find a solution. Not only can you rid yourself of such a tiresome chore, but you can also improve the protection of your home. When you have new gutter guards installed on your home, you can keep leaves, sticks, and other debris from entering your gutter troughs and clogging them. But what type of gutter guard is best?
Finding the Best Gutter Guards for Your Home
When you’re searching for the perfect gutter guards to have installed on your home, it’s important to understand the different types available on the market. You’ll be able to choose between:
- Screen – Featuring wire or a plastic grid that prevents leaves from entering the gutter troughs, screen gutter guards are a cost-effective option.
- Micro mesh – Similar to screen gutter guards, micro mesh guards allow water to trickle into the troughs while keeping debris—even small bits—out.
- Brush – Brush gutter guards are like large pipe cleaners that sit inside the gutter and prevent large debris from clogging up the troughs. These are popular with many homeowners because they’re DIY-friendly.
- Foam – Another option for easy installation would be foam guards, which are similar to the brush guards. Their triangular shape allows only rainwater and small debris to flow through the system.
- Reverse curve – Made from light metal or molded plastic, reverse curve gutter guards allow water into the system while sending leaves, sticks, and other debris over the edge of the curve and onto the ground. They are more expensive than other gutter guards, but they do they tend to be the most effective.
Your Best Bet: A Gutter System With Built-In Gutter Protection
If your gutter system isn’t doing the trick and you don’t feel like simply adding gutter guards will give your home the protection it needs, turning to Exterior Source for a new LeafGuard seamless gutter system is the answer. These innovatively designed systems feature curved hoods for built-in gutter protection. With their no-clog guarantee, they should give you the utmost peace of mind the next time a storm rolls through the area.
To learn more about the gutters we install with built-in protection, reach out to Exterior Source today.