The groundhog’s prediction and the unseasonably warm weather lately have us thinking about spring! Spring is a great time to get started on home improvement projects, both inside and out. Here are some
of the best projects to tackle this upcoming season:
1. Clean your gutters. Spring is known for its abundance of rain showers. Keeping gutters free from debris is important in order to freely move rainwater through your gutters and away from your home’s foundation. If climbing a ladder to clean your gutters sounds like a chore you’d rather
not do, contact us to learn about LeafGuard and stop cleaning gutters forever!
2. Inspect your roof. The winter months can take a toll on your roof with the abundance of snow, ice, and other storms. Spring is a good time to do a routine check of your shingles and look for damaged, buckling shingles as well as any leaks or dark spots.
3. Plant trees. Strategically planting a tree or two in the spring can really pay off in the summer time when any shade is appreciated. A fast-growing deciduous tree, like a maple or oak tree, can provide copious amounts of shade for your home, as well as improve the look of your landscaping.
4. Prep your outdoor area. Alfresco dinners and more time outdoors are not as far off as they seem. Take time now to prep your outdoor area for use this spring. If you don’t currently have a designated patio or outdoor
living space, consider adding one. Outdoor living spaces are said to increase a home’s value by over 12%! Plus, you and your family can get a lot of enjoyment out of them now.
5. Check windows and doors. While sealing windows and doors may seem like a cold-weather task, it is just as essential in the warmer months when heat creeping in can send your air conditioning bill skyrocketing. New
replacement windows and doors are a energy efficient way to invest in your home and cut down on energy loss and spikes in your utility bill.