Consider the state of your home’s exterior. What would you say is the No. 1 contributor to its curb appeal? It’s the siding, right? As the component of your home that most easily catches the eye of neighbors and passersby, your house siding is extremely important. And because of that, knowing when to replace your house siding can be the difference between having a beautiful, eye-catching home and one that appears to be worn-down and stuck in the past. There are signs that indicate the need for a siding replacement, but do you know them? If not, let us give you some pointers!
Signs That It’s Time to Replace Your House Siding
You may think it’s hard to gauge when the timing is right for a siding replacement project. Well, the good news is, it’s not! There are some clear indicators that your house siding needs an upgrade, such as:
- A downturn in visual appeal – If your siding has simply lost its luster and it no longer provides much in the way of curb appeal, consider investing in a replacement.
- Noticeable damage – Of course, one of the more obvious indicators that it’s time for a replacement is visual damage, whether it’s in the form of cracking, chipping, peeling rotting, or warping.
- Mold or mildew growth – Another visual cue, the growth of mold or mildew on your house siding is concerning, as it indicates the presence of moisture between the siding and your home.
- Increasing energy bills – Perhaps you’re noticing that your monthly heating and cooling costs have been rising in recent months. That could be a signal that your siding isn’t performing up to the proper energy-efficiency standards.
- Constant maintenance needs – If you’re repeatedly having to invest money in maintenance and repairs for your house siding, you’re better off investing in a replacement altogether.
A Company You Can Trust When It’s Time to Replace Your House Siding
If you’re a homeowner in Virginia who needs to replace your house siding, there is no better team to partner with than the one we have at Exterior Source. Since 1993, we have been a reliable source for a variety of home improvement projects, including siding replacements. We proudly install beautiful, energy-efficient siding products from industry-leading manufacturers such as CertainTeed, James Hardie, and LP SmartSide. Plus, we expertly install these exceptional products, ensuring that you can count on years of unparalleled beauty and performance.
To learn more about how to tell when you should replace your house siding, or to find out more about the products we have to offer for your replacement, contact Exterior Source today!