Fall is one of the most charming seasons filled with apple-picking, pumpkin spice-flavored everything, and gorgeous autumn scenery. It’s also one of the best seasons for tackling home improvement projects. With the humidity and hot weather of summer tapering off, now is the perfect time to get
outside and work on the exterior of your home. Besides the favorable weather, fall is also a good time to hire a contractor for home improvements, as they typically aren’t as busy during this time of year.
For many homeowners, cleaning gutters is an important part of maintaining the curb appeal and functionality of their homes. This is especially true during the fall months when leaves are steadily dropping onto their roofs and into the gutters.
What makes this home maintenance chore different from regular maintenance tasks, however, is the potential risk of serious injury. Cleaning gutters requires climbing a ladder, sometimes to rather scary heights, although you don’t have to be very high off the ground to risk falling from a ladder. Before you think that this would never happen to you, it’s important to realize that ladder accidents can be caused by several different reasons, including:
1. Older ladders that become weak and unstable
2. Contact with electrical wiring
3. Snagging clothing on the roof or ladder
4. Uneven ground below the ladder
Regardless of the cause, ladder accidents can lead to severe injury. According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 500,000 people are treated every year for ladder-related accidents. Out of that number, 300 of those accidents are fatal. While cleaning your gutters may seem important, falling from a ladder is just not worth the risk.
At Exterior Source, we advocate for a solution that not only removes ladders from the equation but also improves the curb appeal and overall look of your home: LeafGuard Gutter Systems. This seamless gutter system comes with a built-in hood that covers the top of the gutter to keep leaves out. The hood is designed with a specific curve to help rainwater slide into the gutter while debris, such as leaves and pine needles, roll right off. This keeps your gutters clog-free and functioning properly. Unlike add-on gutter hoods that can be attached to your existing gutters, LeafGuard gutters are roll-formed from one continuous piece of aluminum, so there are no seams and cracks.
LeafGuard is so confident of their product that they offer a clog-free guarantee, meaning if your gutters clog we’ll come out to clean them ourselves. Stop risking injury with rickety ladders and get LeafGuard!
In addition to residential homes, LeafGuard gutter systems also work great on commercial projects, such as apartments and condominium units. As the only one-piece gutter system on the market today, LeafGuard gutters are guaranteed not to clog with leaves, pine needles, or other organic debris.
Property managers have numerous responsibilities to ensure that their building complex and overall property is being maintained in a safe and attractive manner. With LeafGuard, you don’t have to worry about water damage from faulty gutters. Plus, with free clean-out, you may be able to save money on yearly maintenance fees.
Benefits of a LeafGuard Gutter System:
Innovative, Seamless Design
- LeafGuard is the only seamless, one-piece leaf protection system available
- Each gutter is formed from one continuous piece of aluminum that is 20% thicker than the industry standard
- LeafGuard gutters come with ScratchGuard® paint finish that will never crack, chip or peel
- The curved built-in hood on LeafGuard prevents leaves and pine needles from entering the gutter
- Extra-large downspouts make LeafGuard capable of handling the harshest rains
- If your gutters clog, we’ll clean them for free!
- LeafGuard gutters are protected with ScratchGuard®, the most durable paint finish on the market
- Each gutter system is custom-fitted to blend seamlessly with the building or home’s style
- Available in a variety of designer colors
- As the exclusive dealer for LeafGuard gutters in the Greater and Tidewater area, we provide unmatched gutter installation services
- LeafGuard gutters are securely screwed to the fascia board with internal hanging brackets
- No nails or screws go into the roof which could void a roof warranty and cause unsightly damage to your roof
Built to Last
- LeafGuard gutters come with a 100% transferable warranty for the life of your home or commercial project
- These gutter systems are guaranteed not to clog — or we’ll clean them for free
- LeafGuard will never rust or deteriorate like galvanized steel gutters
While some things get better with age, most gutters do not. Their primary function is to redirect water away from your home, foundation, and landscaping, but with time and age they may not be able to handle continuous downpours. Once your gutters aren’t functioning properly, it’s only a matter of time before they negatively impact your home.
Old gutters are often prone to leaks which means rainwater can run down the side of your house, damaging siding and paint, seeping into cracks, and causing the foundation to erode. And that’s just potential exterior damage. Once water is misdirected, it can quickly find its way into the interior of your home, flooding your basement and prompting mold growth and insect infestation.
In addition, old gutters can detract from the beauty of your home, affecting the curb appeal and market value. The misdirected water can wreak havoc on landscaping, creating puddles and canals in your lawn and hurting plants and bushes.
Without proper installation or maintenance, what started out as a benefit to your home can quickly turn into a homeowner’s nightmare. While it may be tempting to keep gutters as long as you possibly can, the costly damage from old gutters is not worth the risk.
If you’re in the market for new gutters, check out our website to learn why we recommend LeafGuard’s seamless, one-piece leaf protection systems to our customers. Say good-bye to old gutters and hello to maintenance-free protection!