Outdoor rooms are becoming increasingly popular among homeowners. Thanks to a booming leisure lifestyle industry, the options for creating a livable outdoor space are almost endless. Outdoor spaces can serve as a fun play area for the kids, while an outdoor kitchen offers you a place to show off your grilling skills this summer. An open-air living room is a great place for entertaining family and friends or simply relaxing after work with your favorite book. The versatility of outdoor spaces is one of the reasons they’re such an attractive addition.
LeafGuard is one of the most unique and effective gutter protection systems you will ever find. To fully appreciate its utility, Exterior Source explains how it works:
A roof replacement project is an expensive investment in your home and should be given a good deal of consideration. To prepare yourself for it, and to make it as smooth as possible, Exterior Source suggests these tips:
After a long winter, spring is a welcome sight for most homeowners. Make sure your home is prepared for the new season by knocking a few spring cleaning chores off your list early!
Curb appeal matters because first impressions last. Since your home is an extension of yourself, you should make it reflect your personality. If you decide to sell in the future, it will be easier to attract buyers who will consider buying your house.
Spring is a great time for home improvements, but often the list of projects you want to tackle can seem overwhelming. A good place to start is considering which project will have the highest return on investment. Home projects can add up quickly, so before you begin plotting your big spring project, take some time to determine if the project will add to your home’s resale value.
Siding is one of the best long-term home improvement solutions for your home. Unlike exterior wall paint, siding is more durable and weather-tolerant and doesn’t require constant reapplication. The siding itself serves as an additional layer of protection, shielding the exterior wall from the elements.
Replacing your home’s windows can be overwhelming, but it’s a vital part of your home-maintenance routine. Since windows play a critical role in ventilating, insulating and regulating your home’s comfort levels, keep a few things in mind to ensure the success of your window replacement.
Ice dams are one of the worst things that will happen to your roof and gutters. Contrary to popular belief, the weather isn’t really to blame; rather, it’s a manifestation of attic and roof-ventilation problems. If you want to prevent these from happening, you need to address the source of those issues.
Vinyl siding has become a popular choice for homeowners since it was first introduced to the market in the late 1950s. In addition to being cheaper than cedar or aluminum, it is also much easier to maintain than other forms of siding. That said, not all vinyl siding is created equal. It is important to pick a quality product for your home.
At Exterior Source, we install CertainTeed vinyl siding and trim because of their aesthetically advanced and long-lasting products. As a CertainTeed 5-Star Contractor, we’ve seen our share of vinyl siding products and can confidently recommend CertainTeed to our homeowners.
Here are a few reasons why CertainTeed vinyl siding is a great option for your home:
- Vinyl siding comes in a wide array of colors guaranteed to fit the style and architectural design of your home. With CertainTeed, each vinyl siding product is covered with PermaColor Lifetime Fade Protection, so you can be sure the look of your home will last for years to come.
- While vinyl siding is great at boosting curb appeal and improving the overall look of a home, it is also great at insulating your home against the elements and weather. Even with insulation between the walls, your home can still leak air where the studs come in contact with exterior siding. Insulated vinyl siding adds another layer of protection to keep your home comfortable while cutting heating and cooling costs.
- One of the biggest advantages of vinyl siding is its low maintenance and durability. Unlike other siding options, vinyl needs very little cleaning and can withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Vinyl siding is available to fit every budget. According to This Old House, vinyl siding is much cheaper than other siding options such as cedar, which can cost around 2.5 times more.
- Last but not least, vinyl siding is environmentally friendly and one of the few materials that comply with the strict requirements of the National Fire Protection Association.
Building professionals continue to choose vinyl siding as the #1 choice for home construction. With versatility, color options, weather resistance, high safety ratings, and an affordable price tag, vinyl siding is a great addition to any home. If you’re ready to improve your home’s exterior, talk to a contractor about the vinyl siding options available.
To learn more about Exterior Source and the other services we offer, visit our website.