Engineered Wood Siding
Exterior Source takes pride in being the premier source for high-quality siding installation in Central Virginia and the Tidewater area. We are proud to include LP® SmartSide® engineered wood products in our siding line-up, featuring the Diamond Kote® paint finish.
About LP® SmartSide® Engineered Wood Siding
LP® SmartSide® is a line of engineered wood siding and trim products that offer many benefits to today’s homeowner. LP SmartSide engineered wood begins with wood fibers or strands that are treated with zinc borate for protection against decay and termites. This treated wood is then combined with a resin binder, and bonded with a water-resistant overlay. The final product has the following advantages over traditional wood:
- Better durability. LP SmartSide will not expand and contract like traditional wood and does not absorb moisture. This gives it excellent durability even in extreme weather conditions. LP SmartSide is backed by a 50-year limited warranty.
- Rot resistance. Unlike wood, engineered wood from LP SmartSide has been carefully tested and proven to withstand termites and fungal decay and still remain structurally sound.
- The look of wood. Add beauty to your home with the realistic deep cedar-grain texture of LP SmartSide engineered wood trim and siding. These products are also available in a smooth finish.
- Better paint adhesion. Due to its resin-saturated overlay, paint adheres better to LP SmartSide siding, providing a more consistent application and a longer paint life than traditional wood.
- Increased stability. LP SmartSide will not warp, cup or split like traditional wood.
- Less expense. LP SmartSide costs less than traditional wood siding and is comparable to fiber cement siding. Because it requires less maintenance, this ensures future cost savings as well.
Available pre-finished. LP Smartside is available pre-finished for more convenience when installing.
About Diamond Kote® Paint
As a homeowner, you have two choices on how your LP SmartSide siding is finished. You can either have it prefinished with a color before it is installed, or you can have it painted after installation. Exterior Source recommends using LP SmartSide siding that has been prefinished with Diamond Kote® pre-finish. Diamond Kote is applied in the factory with robotic sprayers, resulting in a high-quality, durable, scratch-resistant surface that stands the test of time.
Diamond Kote pre-finish offers advanced pigment-based paint that resists fading and stays vibrant over the years. It includes a 30-year, no-fade warranty.
Learn More About Engineered Wood Siding
Call Exterior Source today at 804-275-5323 (Richmond), or 757-464-2060 (Tidewater), to find out more about the LP products that we carry and install. You can also reach us through our contact form to schedule a free estimate.