Exterior Source Expert Advice: Why You Should Get a New Roof
Keeping your home dry and damage-free is a year-round priority. For this reason, make sure its most essential components can ensure superior protection and performance. These include your roofing, a large and complex system that keeps the harshest elements at bay. When it’s not performing up to standards, you should consider investing in a better, longer-lasting solution–roof replacement.
Here are 5 ways to tell you need a new roof:
Timing, however, is essential when it comes to this home improvement. You’ll want to make the most of your roof’s service life, but not until it sustained enough damage to compromise your quality of life. To ensure that the timing is A-perfect, watch out for these telltale signs on your existing system:
- Damaged Shingles. You can start by examining your roof’s surface. Does it have curled, cracked, or buckling shingles? Maybe your roof has areas that don’t have shingles at all. All of these warning signs indicate that your roof is nearing the end of its service life. To confirm, you can check inside your gutters for shingle granules, which means the roofing material is losing its weatherproofing ability.
- Recurring Roof Leaks. Small leaks are annoying enough, but if they keep popping up everywhere in your home, the reason may be more serious than you think. To protect your home’s interior from water damage, you should start planning a prompt roof replacement with a trusted contractor like Exterior Source.
- Water Stains and Streaks. Look for the presence of water on your walls and ceiling. There may be brownish stains and streaks along them, which indicate water damage. Other signs to look for include moisture, plus mold and mildew growth. You may have to look inside your attic space to check for these signs. While you’re there, take a closer look at the insulation and ventilation. These components affect your roof’s longevity, as well as your home’s comfort and energy efficiency. In fact, both contribute to premature roof failure when left unattended. If both are breaking down, you should consider getting a new system.
- Compromised Flashing. These components cover the more vulnerable areas of your roof, including the space around chimneys, skylights, pipes, and vents. When they suffered enough damage, flashing make it easy for water to enter your home.
- Sagging Roof Deck. This is probably the most serious indication of a failing roof–it means that the structure itself has sustained extensive damage. To keep your home’s structural integrity intact, deal with the issue via roof replacement by Exterior Source.
Trust Exterior Source: GAF® Master Elite® Roofing Contractor
As a GAF® Master Elite® roofing contractor, Exterior Source offers access to some of the highest quality roofing systems available from North America’s top manufacturer. From standard three-tab to premium architectural and designer shingles, they ensure exceptional weather protection and performance. You don’t need to worry about curb appeal, as well. Our GAF shingle options come in a wide selection of colors, textures, and thicknesses. With some choices emulating the natural beauty of genuine slate or wood shakes, you can easily match your roof with your home’s distinctive look.
Let’s Talk Roofing!
If you see some or all of the above mentioned signs on your current roof, turn to Exterior Source. With us, expect superior workmanship and top-tier materials covered by solid warranties. Call us today at (844) 464-0208, or fill out this form to schedule your consultation.